Groundwater Protection Analysis for Moab City and Spanish ValleyMay 22, 2020
The following analyses for groundwater protection in Moab & Spanish Valley includes contributions from the following organizations:
- Utah Division of Water Rights
- US Geological Survey
- Utah Geological Survey
- National Ocean and Atmospheric Administration
- University of Utah
- Utah State University
- Southeast Utah Health Department
- Moab City
- Grand County and its Special Service Districts
- Moab Area Watershed Partnership
- Canyonlands Watershed Council
UTAH CODE FOR GROUNDWATER PROTECTION
- USGS Study of 2019: summary, report and maps combined.
- Academic Journal Review: 2020 - Rethinking Groundwater Flow System Using Multiple Tracer Geochemical Approach: Case Study Moab-Spanish Valley. Gardner.
- University of Utah and USGS - Suggestions for Groundwater Monitoring for Moab-Spanish Valley. Gardner and Solomon.
- Graphic: The flow of groundwater. USGS.
MOAB CITY HYDROLOGIC ASSESSMENTS
Hydrologic And Hydrogeologic Assessment (HESA)* of the surface water and groundwater resources affecting the Moab City Springs and Wells & surface water of Mill Creek and Pack Creek in Moab-Spanish Valley in Grand County and San Juan County. By Hydrologic Systems Analysis, & Heath Hydrology, contractors for Moab City.
* HESA - Hydrological and Environmental Systems Analysis involves the management, processing and interpretation of huge amounts of geoscientific as well as ecological and historical data of many different types and sources, which can only be handled coherently and efficiently by using interactive Geoscientific Information Systems (GIS).
- Phase One: 2018 - HESA-based hydrologic and environmental system analysis and conceptual models
- Phase Two: 2019 - Preliminary HESA-based water budget and aquifer storage evaluation
- Phase Three: Pending
- Phase Four: 2020 - Preliminary HESA-based water budget aquifer storage evaluation Spanish Valley and Mill Creek/ Pack Creek hydrologic systems
- 2019 - Presentation: Groundwater Monitoring Moab-Spanish Valley
- 2020, January - Presentation: Groundwater Monitoring Central Moab-Spanish Valley
- 2020, July - Presentation: Groundwater Monitoting South Moab-Spanish Valley
WATER SUPPLY & DEMAND ASSESSMENTS
- 2016 - Average Water Consumption for Moab City. CWC.
- 2016 - Water Production & Utilization. CWC.
- 2016 - Total Water Production for Gravity (springs) & Pumped. CWC.
- 2019 - Evaluation And Recommendation of Water Availability. Moab City.
- 2019 - Moab Water Facts. WCDMAB.
- 2019 - Memo to City Council: Water Availibility. WCDMAB.
- 2011 - Water Conservation Plan. Moab City.
- 2014 - Water Conservation Plan. GWSSA.
- 2016 - Water Conservation Plan. Moab City.
- 2019 - Spanish Valley/Moab Drought and Climate Workshop Report: Vulnerability, Consequences, and Adaptation Planning Scenarios (VCAPS). Western Climate Assessment at CU Boulder (NOAA) & Environmental Dispute Resolution Program at UofU Salt Lake City (Wallace Stegner Center).
Talk about this article...